Complete Notes Available Here
The Oklahoma State soccer staff (7-4 total; 4-4 Big 12) closes out the common season and hosts Senior Day in opposition to West Virginia (4-7 total; 2-6 Big 12) at 11 a.m. CT on Saturday, November 26, in Boone Pickens Stadium.
Get Your Tickets
Including the UAPB, Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU, Texas, Kansas State, Iowa State and Oklahoma video games, Oklahoma State has now offered out 4 consecutive residence video games for the primary time since 2017 and has performed in entrance of sell-out crowds in eight of its previous 9 video games, no matter location. Tickets for OSU’s last residence sport of the season in opposition to West Virginia are nonetheless obtainable at okstate.com/tickets or by calling or texting the ticket workplace at 877-255-4678.
On the Air
The sport might be televised by ESPN2 with Jay Alter and Charles Arbuckle on the decision. It can even be carried stay on the Cowboy Radio Network, with Dave Hunziker dealing with play-by-play, John Holcomb offering evaluation and Robert Allen reporting from the sideline. Fans outdoors of the Cowboy Radio Network can take heed to the OSU broadcast without spending a dime by The Varsity Network app.
In the Rankings
The Oklahoma State soccer staff is receiving votes within the AP Top 25, however shouldn’t be ranked in both the AP ballot or the USA TODAY Sports AFCA Coaches Poll. OSU has now appeared within the AP Top 25 in 23 of the previous 25 AP polls. Including 2022, OSU has reached the highest 10 of the AP ballot sooner or later in 11 of the previous 15 seasons and has seen a high 15 rating within the AP ballot in 13 of these 15 seasons. With OSU’s inclusion in CFP Rankings earlier this season, the Cowboys have additionally been a part of the CFP rankings in seven of the previous eight years. West Virginia shouldn’t be ranked.
Saturday’s sport marks the 14th assembly between Oklahoma State and West Virginia in a collection that started in 1928. The 2022 season additionally marks the eleventh consecutive yr the groups have met. The Cowboys personal a 9-4 all-time collection benefit, together with a 4-2 edge in Stillwater. OSU has gained seven straight over the Mountaineers and has gained every of the previous three performed in Stillwater. A win Saturday would lengthen the longest win streak for both staff within the collection. Mike Gundy is 8-2 in his profession in opposition to West Virginia, whereas WVU’s Neal Brown is 0-3 in opposition to OSU.
Oklahoma State from a Distance
Oklahoma State is 7-4 on the yr and has prolonged its school-record streaks of bowl eligibility and profitable seasons right into a seventeenth consecutive yr. OSU began the season with a 5-0 file and reached as excessive as No. 7 within the AP ballot, however a double-overtime street loss at nonetheless undefeated TCU gave the Cowboys their first setback of the yr. They bounced again with a come-from-behind win over then-No. 20 Texas however dropped two straight video games on the street earlier than beating Iowa State at residence after which dropping final week’s sport at Oklahoma. Several gamers in key beginning roles have missed video games as a result of damage or have performed at lower than 100% this season, which was an enormous issue within the street droop. The checklist of gamers who’ve missed taking part in time this season contains quarterback Spencer Sanders, operating again Dominic Richardson, extensive receivers Braydon Johnson and Jayden Bray, offensive linemen Preston Wilson, Hunter Woodard, Cole Birmingham, Jason Brooks Jr., and Joe Michalski, safeties Sean Michael Flanagan, Thomas Harper and Jason Taylor II, defensive linemen Brock Martin, Tyler Lacy, Trace Ford and Brendon Evers, punter Tom Hutton and Cowboy Back Blaine Green. All have began a number of video games for Oklahoma State. Even with greater than its fair proportion of accidents, the Cowboys have put collectively a staff that ranks No. 16 within the FBS in passing offense, No. 4 in third down protection, No. 15 in tackles for loss and maybe most impressively No. 2 in fewest penalties. The standouts in every part of the sport have been Sanders on offense, who leads the Big 12 in whole offense and is second in factors accountable for, Taylor on protection, who’s a semifinalist for the Paycom Jim Thorpe Award and ranks No. 3 within the FBS in solo tackles per sport, and kicker Tanner Brown on particular groups, who’s certainly one of simply three FBS kickers who has tried 20 discipline targets and made at the least 95% of them.
Honoring Cowboy Seniors
This yr’s seniors might be honored Saturday as a part of OSU’s 2022 Senior Day:
|99||Sione Asi||DT||6-1||310||Reno, NV / McQueen / Snow College|
|1||Xavier Benson||LB||6-2||224||Texarkana, TX / Pleasant Grove / TTU / Tyler J.C.|
|11||Lamont Bishop||LB||6-2||235||Country Club Hills, IL / Hillcrest / Iowa Central CC|
|49||Tanner Brown||Okay||6-0||180||Saugus, CA / Saugus / Coll. of the Canyons / UNLV|
|90||Braden Cassity||CW||6-2||240||Austin, TX / Westlake|
|98||Brendon Evers||DT||6-2||295||Bixby, OK / Bixby|
|18||Sean Michael Flanagan||S||6-1||210||Charleston, AR / Charleston|
|19||Alex Hale||Okay||6-0||204||Point Frederick, NSW, Australia / St. Edward’s|
|13||Thomas Harper||S||5-11||180||Knoxville, TN / Karns|
|53||Matt Hembrough||LS||6-3||220||Lisle, IL / Benet|
|36||Vance Hooper||WR||6-1||195||McKinney, TX / Heritage / Southern Nazarene|
|29||Tom Hutton||P||6-3||201||Newborough, VI, Australia / ProKick|
|8||Braydon Johnson||WR||6-0||205||Arlington, TX / Bowie|
|52||Ben Kopenski||DE||6-1||255||McKinney, TX / Prosper|
|92||Nathan Latu||DE||6-4||265||Salt Lake City, UT / Olympus / Snow College|
|89||Tyler Lacy||DE||6-4||285||Sachse, TX / Sachse|
|9||Brock Martin||DE||6-3||245||Oologah, OK / Oologah|
|15||Rylan McQuarters||WR||5-7||173||Tulsa, OK / Booker T. Washington / Northeastern Okla. A&M|
|3||Spencer Sanders||QB||6-1||210||Denton, TX / Ryan|
|64||Carson Shelton||OL||6-4||290||Denton, TX / Ryan / Angelo State|
|81||CJ Tate||WR||6-0||185||Oklahoma City, OK / PC North / Tabor College|
|25||Jason Taylor II||S||6-0||215||Oklahoma City, OK / Carl Albert|
|35||Samuela Tuihalamaka||DT||6-1||304||Riverside, CA / Mater Dei|
|12||Kanion Williams||S||6-0||190||Dallas, TX / South Oak Cliff|
|70||Hunter Woodard||OL||6-5||300||Tuscola, IL / Tuscola|
|63||Zeke Zaragoza||LS||5-10||205||Ontario, CA / Ontario Christian / Dordt / SBVC|
An Oklahoma State Win Would …
• Improve its school-record residence profitable streak to fifteen video games.
• Mark the second time at school historical past that Oklahoma State has had an ideal residence file in back-to-back seasons. The first got here when Oklahoma A&M went 3-0 at residence in each 1917 and 1918.
• Match a college file for many residence wins in a season with seven. OSU set the file with seven residence wins final season and has gained at the least six residence video games in 10 earlier seasons.
• Mark the fifteenth time at school historical past and the seventh time since 1940 (1940; 1945; 1957; 1984; 2011; 2021; 2022) that OSU has completed the season with an ideal file at residence.
• Secure a top-four end within the Big 12 standings for the fourth straight season and for the tenth time within the 12 years performed with out divisions. These numbers would stay the identical if the Cowboys secured a top-three end through a win mixed with a Texas loss.
• Make it 8-4 or higher for the fourth straight season and for the twelfth time within the Mike Gundy period.
• Give it wins in 9 of its previous 10 and in 22 of its previous 26 video games following a loss.
• Give it wins in 10 of its previous 14 common season convention video games.
• Give it eight straight wins vs. the Mountaineers and 4 straight wins in Stillwater.
• Make the Cowboys 10-4 all-time vs. West Virginia and 5-2 vs. WVU in Stillwater.
• Improve Mike Gundy‘s profession file vs. West Virginia to 9-2.
• Improve Mike Gundy‘s file in Big 12 video games to 96-60.
• Improve Mike Gundy‘s file in residence video games to 90-27.
• Make it 22-6 in its previous 28 video games total, courting again to the 2020 season.
• Make it 87-19 in its previous 106 video games vs. opponents outdoors of the AP Top 25, courting again to 2010.
Notable Streaks and Trends Entering the Game
• OSU has gained a school-record 14 consecutive residence video games.
• OSU has held 29 of its previous 32 Big 12 opponents underneath their season scoring common.
• OSU has gained 81 consecutive video games when holding its opponent to fewer than 20 factors, courting again to Sept. 13, 2003 – the longest lively stretch of time within the FBS and longest since at the least 1980.
• OSU has held its opponent scoreless on its game-opening drive in 29 of its previous 42 video games.
• OSU has held its opponent to lower than a 50% third down conversion price in 35 of its previous 36 video games.
• OSU is 34-13 in its previous 47 video games determined by fewer than 10 factors.
• OSU is 44-7 in its previous 51 video games when main at halftime, courting again to Sept. 17, 2016.
• Dating again to 2005, OSU is 45-4 when not committing a turnover.
• Dating again to 2008, OSU is 74-8 when profitable the turnover battle.
• OSU has gained three of its previous 5 time beyond regulation video games.
• OSU has compelled 45 turnovers in its previous 29 video games.
• Over the previous 36 video games, OSU has held opponents to 150-for-544 (27.6%) on third down.
put up credit score to Source link